The types of food you eat are more important than the volume of food.
This week we are continuing our discussions regarding obesity in Europe and America. We will be focusing on the bad habits that people develop, either through innate repetitions of behaviors, or through consciously acquired behaviors that become habituated.
Bad habits= no exercise, poor food choices, stress causing immobility
- Are you a charter member of the clean your plate club?
- Did you learn to snack instead of eating regular meals?
- Do you match your exercise rhythms to the person you live with?
- Do you feel that you need to have dessert after dinner every day?
- Do you eat just before you go to bed?
- Do you use large 12 or 14 inch plates?
- Do you serve meals from bowls on the table?
- Do you ever finish a serving bowl of food because you don’t want to throw it away or put it away?
- Does your geographical culture determine your food choices?
- What are your go to foods, or what is your fall back meal plan?
- Chew bites more times.
- Eat slower – we have a 20-minute psychological hunger point.
- Put your fork down after each bite.
This Health cast was written and presented by Dr. Kathy Maupin, M.D., Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Expert and Author, with Brett Newcomb, MA., LPC., Family Counselor, Presenter and Author. www.BioBalanceHealth.com.