The way a man perceives (considers) female breasts in terms of attractiveness may be driven by his wealth, his social standing, and his overall level of hunger.
As you may know, Dr. Maupin recently opened a medical spa. Both men and women come to this spa for treatments that are designed to remove the signs of aging: skin sag, loss of facial fat, body fat redistribution and wrinkles. Both her medical spa BioBalance Skin, and her anti-aging medical practice, promotes healthy living, exercise, ideal weight and “body beautiful”.
As part of the discussion that has arisen from clients who come to the spa we have focused on research regarding women’s breast size and shape. Though Dr. Maupin and her staff do not deal with breast enlargement or reduction, they are knowledgeable regarding issues surrounding women’s concerns about breast size.
Part of what women are concerned about is how men regard their bodies and that includes breast size.
We have gathered research focusing on what we can learn about men’s obsession with breasts and their preference for breasts of one size over another, more because of what it tells us about individual men, than what women should aspire to. We found two articles in particular, one from a scientific journal, the Archives of Sexual Behavior, 6 October, 2011, and a Journal called Fatherly, December 7, 2017.
Interestingly enough, both articles emphasized some of the same results. One was more scholarly and scientific and one was more tongue -n-cheek, yet they both referenced much of the same data. Both articles base the modern-day preferences on the basic breeding strategies of the species: Women who appear to be the most fertile (large breasts) are the most attractive to the men from the part of the population who need to move ahead, or compete better, over the richest and most advantaged men. Fertility wins the species competition over wealth and plenty!
Here are some of the points that both articles emphasize:
- The way a man perceives (considers) female breasts in terms of attractiveness may be driven by his wealth, his social standing, and his overall level of hunger.
- The general rumor that men prefer medium to large breasts tends to be true globally, but preferences may vary depending on breeding strategies for men seeking a mate.
- The wealthier you are in western society the less you are driven to seek out large breasted women as mates
- Attractiveness is judged my means of adaptive psychological mechanisms that have evolved to identify prospective mates who will increase reproductive success above random selection
- Men are attracted to a number of physical characteristics in women, including: youth cues, face shape, overall symmetry, waist to hip ration and distribution of fat reserves. (mostly visual cues recognized as markers of female fertility and good genes)
- Men are more influenced by breast size than buttock size.
- Men in developing societies and working class backgrounds have a preference for plumper women
- Men with long term mating strategies tend to seek durable, high-investment relationships. They value not only reproductive potential and physical attractiveness, but also non-physical traits like interpersonal responsiveness loyalty chastity commitment and parental skills.
- Both studies reference a SOI R inventory, standing for sociosexual orientation inventory, revised. Primarily those men labeled as restricted tend to seek monogamous long- term partners. Those identified as unrestricted tend to be open to random mating encounters
- Sexually unrestricted men tend to focus more on looks and are more sensitive to female facial cueing.
In summary, it may be safe to say that men tend to prefer women with larger breasts (generally medium to large), but not the largest. These are the reasons why:
There are a few reasons why large female breasts should be perceived as attractive. Large, developed, nulliparous breasts may signal female sexual maturity and fecundity to men (Sugiyama, 2005). It has been shown that women with low WHR and large breasts have higher mean and mid-cycle estradiol levels than other women. Also, regardless of WHR, estradiol level is higher in women with larger breasts than in women with smaller ones
One should consider the strategy of the male and the ultimate goal. Is he looking for a wife and mother who will be nurturing, healthy, socially responsive and attractive (with a good personality) or is he looking for a way to score a sexual encounter and enhance his satisfaction level and reputation?
If you know a man’s strategy and his socioeconomic status you can make an educated guess regarding either his long term desire or his short term goal and whether he considers himself to have already won the wealth battle so he regards fertility as less important or whether he is scrambling to the top of the societal ladder by attracting a very fertile woman to help his offspring become the next adults to succeed and achieve societies upper crust.
This Health cast was written and presented by Dr. Kathy Maupin, M.D., Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Expert and Author, with Brett Newcomb, MA., LPC., Family Counselor, Presenter and Author. www.BioBalanceHealth.com.