If Testosterone can make us live longer, decrease insulin resistance and the incidence of diabetes by 44%, decrease the thickness of the intima of arteries (plaque), decrease LDL (the bad one) cholesterol levels, decrease the rate of heart disease, and stroke, suppress inflammation (it decreases cytokine production), reduce the adhesiveness of platelets as well as decreases fibrinogen levels, both of which can cause cause blood clots, is a vasodilator and improves erections in men and vaginal wetness in women, improves cardiac output for those with heart failure, increases muscle mass in both sexes which prevents frailty, decreases the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by increasing Dopamine, decreases obesity by increasing lean body mass (muscle), improves our sexual desire and treats depression at the same time, improves our overall immunity and finally decreases mortality from all causes, why does organized medicine and those agencies that serve it (the government, FDA, NIH, Specialty Boards) continue to repeat the cry of caution and fear to men and women when it comes to testosterone?
Reference: Testosterone, fourth edition, ed. by Eberhard Nieschlag and Hermann M Behre, Cambridge University Press.
Like most things in government, there is some “nameless” powerful organization with billions of dollars preventing the majority of people in the US from hearing this wonderful message, and it’s proven impact on the diseases of aging!
The critical divide between the truth and the results of medical studies in the US is that research studies today are funded to prove a conclusion and not to learn the truth! The purpose is that a predetermined outcome is the reason a study is done, not research to find an answer!
How do they do this?
- They use small numbers of patients who are bound to prove their point
- They often use the wrong age group in their population samples
- They use doses that are too low or high of a drug, vitamin, or hormone to prove their point.
- They title the article to imply the opposite of what you really found
- You use the wrong name for something eg. Hormone usually means estrogen, but in the WHI study it was Progestin, but they implied the former and scared everyone.
- They cancel a study if it seems to be going the wrong way, and report the data up to the point they stopped the study
- They say, “There is no research that supports” the safety of this drug when they just didn’t look, when are thousands of articles that prove that something is safe! (In Europe the approach is to say there is no negative study showing harm)
- They mislead the public in the press release!
Why would anyone want to prevent the public from knowing about the preventive strength and safety of Testosterone? There are many reasons, however the following list should explain the most common:
- Social engineering. Public health doesn’t want to spend money on the older patients, because if we are alive longer and productively, then we take the jobs and the youth don’t have any.
- If we die early then the government spends less money on the old so there is more money for the young.
- Governments have to ration care when they are the primary provider of money spent on healthcare.
- Governments only look 1-4 years in the future for funding so the savings of keeping older people viable and productive (must look 20 years ahead) does not come into view because they are spending all their money on warehousing old people who are sick for long periods of time. They can’t look at both, so they are short sighted.
- Money—Drug companies need to treat sick people. If we aren’t sick then they lose money. Preventive medicine with testosterone causes their market share to drop.
- University and research science don’t make money unless they are funded and the existence of “pure research” is rare.
- Physicians and pharmacies want to copyright a service or product just like any other capitalist.
Testosterone is a safe and a long term preventive treatment for aging and should be started early in aging to receive the prevention of many of the diseases that accompany simple fact of getting older, but the status quo is blocking the approval for the aging population to receive testosterone by skewing the research and pre-determining the outcomes so as to change public opinion.