Download Dr. Maupin’s Media Kit
Read Dr. Maupin’s Blog
Subscribe to the BioBalance Healthcast on YouTube
Watch video of Dr. Maupin talking about her medical practice.
|Dr. Maupin has practiced obstetrics & gynecology for more than 30 years. In 2003, she created BioBalance® Health to help women and men deal with symptoms of aging and menopause through personal care and bioidentical hormone treatments which offer women and men a natural and preventative therapy to alleviate the effects of aging. In 2009 Maupin elected to devote 100% of her time to BioBalance Health. She has never looked back.For Dr. Maupin, helping women and men renew their passion for life as they age isn’t just a professional desire, it’s a personal quest. After receiving bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in a last-ditch attempt to save her career, her family life and her happiness after a hysterectomy at age 47, Dr. Maupin went so far as to credit the treatment with saving her life. The realization that many of her OB/GYN patients needed the same treatment in order to get back to their premenopausal lives is what inspired Dr. Maupin to create BioBalance® Health.Today, BioBalance® Health in St. Louis and Kansas City helps women and men suffering symptoms of hormone imbalance to renew their lives from the inside out. Made from all-natural yams and soy, BioBalance® Bioidentical Hormone Pellets supplement the body with missing: hormones needed to fight a diminished sex drive, insomnia, hot flashes, migraines and other physical and emotional responses to a changing mid-life body.
Dr. Maupin also has a skin care line, BioBalance® Botanical Skin, which uses all-natural ingredients and BioBalance® Supplements derived from vegetables and plants to promote everything from good heart health to improved neurological function.
Dr. Maupin is a Board Certified Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is active in a variety of professional organizations including Missouri State Medical Association; St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society; St. Louis Gynecological Society (for which she served as President); American Medical Association; American Medical Women’s Association; American Association of Women Surgeons; and the Endocrine Society.
She is also the author of the Women’s Healthcare Initiative which became law in Missouri in 2000 and protects women’s rights to receive care from OB/GYNs without a referral, including mammograms, bone density testing and coverage for birth control pills. She is also the founder of St. Louis Political Action Committee: Physicians for Sound Healthcare Policy, and she is active in numerous charitable organizations.
Board Certified, Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 and 1998
- Missouri State Medical Association- House Vice-Speaker 2003-2005
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
- Vice President, 2002-2003
- Secretary, 2001-2002
- Council, 1999-2001
- Vice Speaker, 2004-present
- St. Louis Gynecological Society
- President, 2002-2003
- Vice President, 2001-2002
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Women’s Association
- American Association of Women Surgeons
- Endocrine Society
- Author of the Women’s Healthcare Initiative which became law in Missouri in 2000, protecting women’s rights to receive care from OB/GYNs without a referral, including mammogram’s, bone density testing and coverage for birth control pills.
- Founder of St. Louis Political Action Committee: Physicians for Sound Healthcare Policy.
- University of Missouri Development Council Jefferson Club, 1995-present
- Youth with a Mission volunteer – building houses in Mexico, 2006,08
- St. Louis Women’s Hospital Planning Committee, Board, 1998-present
- Lutheran Family & Children’s Services Council and Development Committee, 1987-1990
- Young Life Committee, 1998-2001